Coming soon, 11/29/23, a security feature called Multi-Factor Authentication(MFA) will be required to login to ArbiterSports. This will not require any intervention on your part except to ‘enroll’ in the feature which you will be prompted to do upon logging into the system. The other recommended item is to have a cellular phone to receive txt messages on which are sent by Arbiter Sports to provide the 2nd layer of authentication. It does provide the ability to ‘call’ you as well, but it is recommended to use the txt of the code for simplification.
Here is a copy of the email that was sent by ArbiterSports as it pertains to implementation of MFA on their systems.
At Arbiter, we continually strive to provide the most secure experience for all our users. In line with this commitment, we will be implementing mandatory Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for all users receiving payments through Arbiter (payee accounts).
The digital landscape is constantly evolving, and so are the tactics of cybercriminals. MFA is a proven security measure that significantly reduces the risk of unauthorized access to your account by requiring two forms of identification before giving access, such as a password and numeric code sent via text or email.
We recognize that adjusting to new security measures may require some effort, but we are confident that this transition will greatly improve the security of our account.
What to Expect:
- Mandatory MFA: Starting November 29th, 2023, MFA will be a required feature for enhanced account protection.
- Seamless Integration: Your login credentials will remain the same, ensuring a smooth transition to the updated security process.
- Activation Process: You will be guided through the MFA setup when you log in after the change takes effect.
Prepare for the Change:
- Have Your Phone Handy: When you log in after the MFA implementation date, make sure to have your mobile phone with you. You will be prompted to enter your phone number, which will be used to send you the verification code necessary to log in.
- Stay Informed: Familiarize yourself with the MFA process and learn best practices to implement by visiting our informational page.
If you have any concerns or need help, our customer support team is ready to provide you with the necessary support every step of the way. You can reach them at email@example.com.
Here’s a few links to authenticator applications you can load on your Apple or Android phone. Ultimately, it is up to you to secure your information and these are only recommendations of various applications.
A video has been provided below to provide some more details on what MFA is for your information.