LA Coastline Umpires Association - Training Objective
We understand that the process of umpire development and training is not unlike how coaches find ways to bring the most out of each player as individuals, which ultimately benefits the team as a whole. This is our primary objective in training, and in educating our training staff in how to approach instruction and mentoring. The LA Coastline Umpire Association is pleased with the opportunity to develop a complete, well-rounded umpire network that includes: * A managed umpire program. What this means is that not only do we have high standards set for our umpires for rules knowledge, mechanics and people skills (game management), we recognize that people develop and learn differently.
- An understanding of the importance of a network of well-trained umpires that are professional and possess the knowledge and skills specific to fastpitch softball.
- An observation/mentor program. Every umpire in our program is observed and evaluated upfront; each is background checked and is USA Registered. We wear polished, clean USA uniforms – always.
- A program to recruit and assist in developing of novice umpires, which likewise promotes umpire advancement.
- An open line of communication through the use of liaisons we appoint to work in partnership with the Leagues and travel ball organizations we service, to achieve the utmost in professionalism regarding umpire and coach/team representative conduct.
- Promoting camaraderie and good fellowship among its members.